Rainbows, Rubbish, Ravings and Ramblings of my Random Existence

25 February 2014

Book Meme

I can't post pictures anymore because my computer sucks and almost every prim is rezzing pink in my viewers at the moment. It's frustrating but I am too lazybusy in RL to troubleshoot this.

But I can't pass this meme up, even though my reading habits embarass me as much as I refuse to admit I have been roleplaying as a slave-in-training in SL recently. (No, that was definitely not me you saw in the BDSM sim because I will never be caught dead in that place, and no, that was definitely not my alt because she doesn't look like me at all although, yeah, she does speak a little like me, if her "Master" allows her to speak at all.) (Many people speak like me. Just telling you gently.) (I'll do a whole blog post about this as soon as I can. But you will have to wait till I can find my words.)

Let's get on to business, shall we?

1. Are you a bookworm?
Yes and no, depending on how you look at it. I read a lot more back when I was in school decades ago, if textbooks can be counted. Now I do the occasional reading, and I actually try to avoid it because I've been known to be dazed or zombielike when I am halfway into a book. I was almost knocked down by a car once because my mind was no longer on earth.

2. Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic?
Probably paperback. When I get into a book I want to carry it everywhere I go until I am done with it. Hardcovers are heavy and I don't own a gadget that can open up electronic copies anytime anywhere I am.

3. Which book is your favorite?
I can't really tell. I drift from one favourite to another. My most recent favourite will be the "Hunger Games" series. I read it a few years ago but I haven't since read anything that tops it. I know it is teenage fiction or something, but in all seriousness adult books do not necessarily write better than this.

4. Which children's book is your favorite?
Enid Blyton's "The Magic Faraway Tree" series.

5. What's the last book you've read?
"The Space between Us" by Thrity Umrigar. It's about two Indian women from different social classes helping and then turning against each other, sort of.

6. Name your top five favorite writers:
I don't really keep track of writers, my tendency is to just grab a book and see if it holds my interest. But I'll go with Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, Anne Rice and Sophie Kinsella aka Madeleine Townley. These are the writers who's books I would stop for. Yes, I still love children books. Can't think of a fifth writer.

7. Name a book that had a strong impact on you:
Can't think of any. Maybe religious books? lol

8. Favorite and least favorite book genres?
Comedy is definitely my favourite. (Love Sophie Kinsella!) I liked fantasy when I was younger and I am learning to appreciate science fiction a bit more these days. Romance is probably low on my list, but I still read it because it is relaxing.

9. Favorite and least favorite book-to-movie adaptions?
I thought the Hunger Games was pretty good. I also did like "The Queen of the Damned" although the reviews said otherwise, it was what got me to start reading Anne Rice's works. Can't name any least favourites because I don't watch enough movies.

10. Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone?
No, I put a lot of importance into the plot and writing style. I must read a few paragraphs before I decide I want to buy and read it.

11. Where do you usually buy your books?
I buy books anywhere, but the airport is probably where I buy the most books. As I had mentioned, I avoid reading because it disrupts my life. But there is nothing like a book to kill time on a plane, especially if you are the sort who flies budget as often as you can, where you don't get meals or TV.

12. Do you go to the library?
Occasionally. I avoid it. lol

13. How many books do you own?
Collecting books take up too much space, so I do not hoard. I have less than 100 in my possession.

14. If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on?
Fiction, since it is the only thing I read. If I knew my plot, I would probably complete a book by now.

Posted by Tashi Core

5 comments:

Strawberry Singh said...

I love Enid Blyton's work myself! Sorry to hear about your picture-taking troubles, hope you get it sorted soon!

Tashi Core said...

I will survive this. :)

Unknown said...

I had the "every prim is pink" error for a while and have notes on how to fix it in Firestorm, but I don't know if it works in other browsers. In any case, I share. 8D

* If you don't have it enabled yet, enable to Advanced menu with Ctrl-Alt-D
* Open the Advanced menu and select "Show Debug Settings".
* It will open a new window; type into it "RenderMaxTextureIndex", it should auto complete it for you.
* Once you have typed it in there should be a description of the option and a text box for the value, set the value to 0.

Tashi Core said...

OMG IT WORKED! THANK YOU I LOVE YOU! *runs after Deirdre for a big hug* :D

RedIce Cioc said...

I like Enid Blyton too! When I was a child, I will get a Enid Blyton book for my Birthday every year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...