Rainbows, Rubbish, Ravings and Ramblings of my Random Existence

22 November 2011

Gorean? Me? Are you sure?

An aspect of SL that has always fascinated me is the Gorean RP. However, I didn't mention it because I decided to let other things distract me. I didn't do Gor for a few reasons.

1. I don't do SLex. I know I know, Gorean RP is not all SLex. I am just answering the stereotype. I can still RP as a free woman, but free women sounds about as interesting as the statistics I generate monthly on a deadline at work.

2. The limited research I've been able to do on Gorean RP makes it sound like an intensive commitment that I cannot afford.

3. I suck at RP. (I joined a bloodlines horde and turned into a vampire-lycan hybrid only to end up breeding a farm of KittyCatS in their SIM.) (Between Karen and I, we have about 100 of those Linden-eating monsters but we just can't quit. If you think that bloodlines is the horror story of SL, try breedables.) (Sashia still loves me, cats and all.) (I've digressed.)

4. At one point, I got interested enough to create an alt to "test waters" in Gor. I got as far as dressing her up. After that, I didn't know where to start. *ahem*

And then... fast forward to about 2 weeks ago.

Thomaas is a Singaporean (yes, the rare creature!) Gorean RP-er. He approached and invited me to RP with him as a free woman. But while I watched him attempt to persuade more Singaporeans to start a Gorean RP group with him, questions started forming in my mind. What do we say to each other for our lines?

As everyone (SL Singapore group) bantered easily with each other, I tried out the first few lines that came to mind.

Tashi Core throws up both hands and cry father cry mother, "O, Tee-gong! Please help me! My life berry bitter! I need to strike toto!"

I managed to shut everyone up for a few seconds. Then the conversation continued like I had never interrupted. And I continued like I had never interrupted.

("4D also can. Please, Tee-gong?")

I'll just say that I was able to exit that conversation without getting hammered, because SL Singaporeans are mostly awesome. And I won't tell you how cheesy those lines really are, because SL Singaporeans are mostly awesome and they won't give me away. :D

It struck me then that I should not be making up my lines on the spot until I am familiar with the Gorean environment, so I went googling for Gorean scripts. I am not one to be deterred. You are welcome.

And I found this website. Unfortunately, I didn't get past the first 2 quotes about slaves because I had to clean up the coffee I spat over my keyboard.

Now that I'm done with the cleaning, let's take a look at what I found:

1. "It is strange," he said, "I have faced sleen and the steel of fierce enemies. I am a warrior, and am high among warriors. Yet you, a mere girl, would conquer me with a smile and a tear." ~ (Slave Girl of GOR , page 424)

2. The Goreans have a saying, "There are only two kinds of women, slaves, and slaves." ~ {Kajira of Gor - 137}

And you want to know what made me spit my kopicoffee? If this were done in the Singaporean way, it would be:

1. "Funny," he said, "I see b4 the sleen and steel of enemies, sibeh powderful one ok. I am a warrior, berry high somemore. But you, a meer zabor, can conker me wif just 1 chio smile and... please can dun cry?"

2. The Singaporeans got a saying, "There are only 2 types of zabor, ahlians, and chow ahlians."

I am sure Thomaas would find me the most talented RP-er in his RP group.

Either that, or I best stick to breeding KittyCatS.

Posted by Tashi Core

3 comments:

Reemas Second Life said...

O - M - G! lol! i nearly spat out my lovely cuppa tea reading that! i lol'd ;) I've never tried the whole Gorean thing inworld but i have always wondered! lol - brill post :)

Tashi Core said...

Hi Reema! Thanks! :D

I guess I am just too goofy for any "serious" RP. Are you familiar with Singlish too?

RedIce Cioc said...

lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...