Rainbows, Rubbish, Ravings and Ramblings of my Random Existence

29 October 2010

The Bird on My Head



At some point I realised that I spent a lot of my SL time reviving part of a childhood that I once had, and more. My AV is a grown-up, but my delight in living the SL world is one of a kid. I remember the first time I stepped into Abby Lane, a shopping mall selling kids' fantasy furniture, and spent hours in there, enraptured by everything I saw. It was like I was 10 years old again and discovering that all my wildest dreams were actually true.

Oh, I was supposed to be talking about the bird and not Abby Lane. But the point is there.

So... the bird on my head. When I was 10 years old in RL, I had a bird. He was a rescued black mynah. He was special. I could write you a whole essay of our story but I'll skip that and just tell you that he was so special because he liked me a lot.

I mean he liked my head a lot. He spent a lot of time on it. He might have liked me too, since he never peed or pood when he was up there. *thank goodness*

I remember once he flew into my neighbour's home and my neighbour looked so amazed when I ran over to arrestcollect him and return home with a bird perched proudly on my head...

Ok, that's not very true. We were really fighting as we made our way home. Because I was shy to have him on my head when the neighbour was watching, I tried (in vain) to remove him and he pecked me in merciless protest.

I can still see my neighbour laughing.

So, yeah, the head accessory reminds me of him... glorified by glimmer and roses. :)

And the better of SL? I am not a messy-haired, tatter-clothed, bird-fighting 10-year-old. Not that I mind. :D

Posted by Tashi Core

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...